- Human Resources Research Hotline - Direct Access to Timely, Clear and Relevant HR Policy, Practice and Compliance information and HR Research by telephone, e-mail or web site.
- Limited Legal Hotline - This service will work in conjunction with our research hotline at no additional cost to EA members. Members will have FREE access to local employment attorneys through the EA Michigan members will be connected with attorneys who practice law in Michigan. The Employers' Association conducts compliance-related trainings to assist our members in preventing legal problems before they occur. We understand that even under the best attempts, legal issues and concerns still arise. That is why we have developed the limited legal hotline, where we can empower our members by offering free limited legal assistance.
- CCH – The CCH online tool offers 24/7 internet-based nuts-and-bolts coverage of key human resource topics that organizations deal with every day, giving you fast access to information on a range of employment issues and laws.
- Regional Wage and Salary Surveys – Benchmarking data for over 250 Executive, Professional/Managerial, Production/Maintenance, Office/Clerical, Engineering/Technical, Information Technology and Healthcare jobs, expressed as average, median, and quartile rankings for multiple demographics (new and participating members).
- Regional Labor Agreement Analysis - Presents, in summary form, the cost items contained in the settlement terms of over 80 labor agreements from member companies (new and participating members).
- The BULLETIN HR Newsletter - Published once a month the BULLETIN keeps employers advised of changes in regulations and new policy trends that may affect their business or their employees. It is usually 12 pages in length and generally includes articles relative to Human Resource Management, Leadership, Safety, Regulatory Compliance, and the latest Legislative actions affecting employers.
- Workers' Compensation Group Rating Program - Members of The Employers' Association are eligible to take advantage of significant discounts on Workers' Compensation Premiums by joining The EA's Group Rating Program, administered by CareWorks Consultants, Inc. (CCI). The EA Partners with CCI because they deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CCI embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims managment to provide a sizeable return on investment. For AC -3 application form - click here! Or visit www.careworksconsultants.com/groupratingapplication/ea to apply immediately.
- Dental and Vision Employee Benefits – The Employers’ Association has teamed up with MetLife to offer our member employers Dental Insurance and VSP (Vision Service Products) to provide Vision Insurance Benefits. Both companies offer high-level customer service and expertise in their respective dental and vision markets. Available at members only pricing.
- Health Insurance Benefits – The Employers’ Association and Medical Mutual of Ohio have forged a partnership through which you will be able to access specially designed health insurance and wellness plans for members with 51 or more employees. MMO offers competitive pricing, enhanced employee wellness opportunities, utilization benchmarking, free on-line health risk assessments, and care management programs.
Managed Care Benefits –CareWorks is Ohio’s leading workers’ compensation managed care organization (MCO). CareWorks continues to help more injured Ohioans recover from workplace injury and return to work than any other MCO, and their provider network continues to deliver the industry’s leading medical cost savings, helping more than 63,000 employers reduce their medical costs and lower their premiums.
Pre-Employment Screening – Corporate Intelligence Consultants (CIC) provides Pre-Employment Screening and Investigative Services for Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan based corporate clients. CIC provides expertise in the areas of pre-employment background checks as well as violence in the workplace, workers’ compensation fraud, strike preparation, strike management, and theft investigation.
Outplacement – CareerLIFE Transitions provides a high-value alternative to traditional outplacement. Career management professionals offer support that goes to the heart of what people in transition need. Their streamlined model is cost effective and focuses on training and coaching in all phases of the career transition process. CareerLIFE supports all levels in their client organizations and offer individual and group service delivery options. They provide a meaningful blend of hi-touch and hi-tech resources customized to meet the needs of EA members and their separating employees. They offer a 10% discount on standard program offerings.
- Occupational Health Care and Drug Testing -
Since 1987, Occupational Care Consultants has been assisting employers in the Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan area with their employment healthcare needs. As specialists in occupational medicine, they provide medical care such as employment physicals, drug/alcohol testing, and injury treatment. They are recognized as certified providers for the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and as specialist examiners for the Industrial Commission. Occupational Care Consultants will work with your company to determine your specific needs based off of industry standards. Members of the Employers’ Association can take advantage of discounted drug testing through Occupational Care Consultants.
Value-Added Membership Resources at Preferred Pricing:
Employee Training in a Public Setting -
The Employers’ Association provides an extensive program of over 50 Employee Training Courses each year for member
companies through a public training format at the offices of The Employers’ Association. Courses are available in all of the following topics and more:
Human Resource Management
Leadership & Supervisory Skills
Safety & Health Education
- Labor Management
- General Skills Development
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
We also sponsor three major Conferences each year:
Both are geared to provide practical, relevant and timely information to HR and business
Customized Training Programs - Our on-site training is designed to fit your needs! The EA’s network of experienced trainers can analyze your needs and will work with you to design a program tailored for your organization. They are experienced in the real work situations in which they train. Virtually any EA workshop or seminar can be provided on-site and tailored to your needs, or new programs can be developed.
Short-term Project and Consulting Services - The Employers’ Association provides a variety of Services that save member companies time and money or allow them to stay in compliance with government requirements. The EA staff partners with only select providers to ensure the quality of the work done at a reduced member price. Most partners are from the Northwest Ohio or Southwest Michigan area; therefore, supporting business in the membership area.
Many different services are available to help you solve your business challenges:
- Human Resource Management
- Employee Health and Safety Consulting
- Affirmative Action
- Employee Opinion Surveys
- Performance Coaching
- LEAN Systems
- Team Building and People Skills
- Workplace Harassment
- Quality Systems
- Networking: Executive Roundtables - The Employers’ Association sponsors four Roundtable series that provide valuable, timely information and allow for the discussion of ideas, problems, and concerns within a specified field. The sessions are an opportunity for you to network with your colleagues and discover what other companies are doing to resolve the same issues you are facing. The Roundtable members determine the subjects for discussion, guest speakers, plant tours, and meeting agendas.