Affirmative Action Planning
Real-World Solutions to Fit Your Needs!
Preparing Affirmative Action Plans is not about filling in forms or copying boilerplate language. Many well-intentioned organizations believe that proclaiming the spirit of equal opportunity fulfills their obligations. Not so. Affirmative Action compliance is different and it’s technical. It’s about crafting your statistics and narrative to represent your organization in the best possible way during an audit. It’s about developing compliant recordkeeping and documentation practices to defend your actions.
Remedies for Non-Compliance are Financial – and Serious.
A record $45.2 million was collected in 2005 — an increase of 56% and 42% over 2001 and 2000, respectively. Our best advice is, don’t wait. Prepare your plans now before the audit letter arrives. Consider this advice the same as that of your accountant who tells you to file your taxes, document your actions and know the law. Do this and hope you are never audited. But if you are, you’ll be in much better shape than if you had not.
EA consultants have the technical resources and knowledge needed to navigate the maze of Affirmative Action Planning requirements.
Without being time consuming or costly, EA consultants work with you to help you answer the following questions:
1. What do we need to do?
2. Where do the numbers come from?
3. How do our numbers compare with other companies?
4. What do the numbers mean?
5. Now what do we do about them?
The knowledgeable consultants at the EA can:
- Develop defensible plans or audit existing plans
- Provide ongoing counsel during audits
- Conduct mock compliance audits
- Create and interpret all required statistical reports required in plans
- Develop and interpret compensation data to identify pay disparities
- Provide technical guidance on modifying HRIS systems to comply with recordkeeping demands
Call the EA today for a free, no-obligation initial consultation, or: